Ready to take your skills to a new level in the field of pharmacy? Want to be on a team that knows the real meaning of teamwork? Looking for a company that encourages its employees to grow and achieve more? If you answered yes, then look no further, we have the job you’ve been dreaming of. Our long-term care pharmacy is looking to add only exceptional people to our team.
What we offer for Students:
Community Pharmacy appreciates the opportunity to partner with all Pharmacy students. A goal of ours is to help accelerate every student’s academic career via “hands on application” of learned topics as they relate to the world in Long Term Pharmacy. Come learn from the best-of-the-best Pharmacists, and be exposed to factors that constitute the true meaning of business success. Be exposed to as many opportunities to help you be successful…that’s our goal with our students! Competitive wages, and yes, tuition reimbursement, are opportunities for this position.
What will a Pharmacy Intern do every day?
- Build positive rapport with teams through effective communication
- Perform a full range of pharmacy intern procedures, including but not limited to: filling prescriptions in a variety of packaging systems, toting medications for deliveries, compounding medications for topical, oral, or IV administration, and assisting with inventory related projects
- Review prescription quantities for corrections
- Work with various departments to ensure orders are on time for process
- Work with a variety of technologies to complete expediting processes
- Work with IV services
- Assist the pharmacist with finding medications from a backup pharmacy when needed
- Work with our triage nurses to help clarify orders and answer questions for our facilities we partner with
Desired Candidate possess:
- Enrolled in or entering into a Pharmacy program
- Strong technical aptitude
- Must be able to actively contribute to a positive team environment
- Self-motivation with the ability to handle multiple tasks, remain focused, and work independently
- Strong eye for detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to engage in frequent stooping, bending, reaching, and squatting throughout the day
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Community Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer