Staff Pharmacist - Davenport
Want to be a part of a company that prides itself for its innovation, exceptional customer service, and culture? Want to use your strengths, skills, and abilities, and be able to love what you do each day? Do you live in the Davenport area? If you answered yes to these questions, then this OUTSTANDING career opportunity is for you. Our company is looking to add only exceptional people to our team.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain records of all transactions of the pharmacy necessary to ensure accurate control over and accountability for all drugs as required by applicable state and federal laws, rules, and regulations
- Ensure legal operation of the pharmacy, including meeting all inspection and other requirements of state and federal laws, rules, and regulations governing pharmacy operations
- Review orders, check medications, and resolve associated billing issues
- Package medications, perform pharmacist final review of drugs packaged, and tote and prepare deliveries
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all prescription transactions
- Answers pharmaceutical questions from patients and staff; monitors storage, distribution, and use of pharmaceuticals
- Provide daily supervision over professional and support staff in pharmacy, including training, assigning duties, and providing input for performance evaluations
- Consulting for residents in long-term care facilities
- Three to five years of experience preferred
- Registered Pharmacist in the state of Iowa
- Knowledge of: inventory control; compounding of prescriptions and stock pharmaceutical preparations; pharmaceutical chemistry and manufacturing methods; drugs, chemicals, and pharmaceutical supplies required in the operation of a pharmacy; state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to legal operation of a pharmacy; medical record keeping requirements and procedures; the use and dispensing of narcotics and poisons
- Knowledge of prescription medication filling operations
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to supervisor and employees
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Superior time-management skills and ability to deal with changing priorities and interruptions
- Strict attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented work environment and focus on tasks independently
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Superior customer service skills and high level of confidentiality
- Ability to apply principles of advanced math
Shifts are between the hours of 8:00am and 6pm Monday through Friday with rotating weekend shifts.
Candidates must be flexible to hours, and willing to coordinate and rotate schedules among Pharmacy team.
Our Company is Community Pharmacy!
We are pioneers in long-term care and continue to revolutionize the industry through innovative technology and personal innovative services. We take pride in hiring exceptional individuals who are proactive, forward thinking team players who want to play a key role in keeping CPS at the top of our industry. We are passionate about long-term care and building partnerships with our clients. Maintaining our positive work place culture is also business success to us.
Community Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.